Verso Armament Company is happy to handle your transfers. Please call before shipping your purchased firearm to us.
Transfers of Title 1 firearms (such as handguns, rifles, etc.) are $50 for the first firearm, and $10 for each additional firearm transferred on the same day.
We are also able to process NFA / Class III transfers. The fee is $100 for the first firearm, and $50 for each additional firearm transferred on the same day. Please see our NFA / Class III page for more information.
There is a discount for active law enforcement and/or military personnel: $30. The NFA / Class III transfer fee for LEO / military is $90.
Transfers are performed Monday - Friday from 10:00AM - 3:00PM by appointment.
The following items are required in order for us to process your transfer:
- Any incoming firearm will require a certified copy of the transferring dealer’s FFL license or a copy of the seller’s driver’s license.
- We will need to be notified of any incoming firearm at least 3 business days in advance. We can be notified via the contact form on this website, or via phone at (434) 767-8925. Due to the overwhelming number of calls we receive, please leave a message if we do not answer. We will return your phone call ASAP!
- When sending notification via the form, be sure to include your name, contact information, firearm information, and the shipping FFL's information if necessary.
- The shipping FFL will require a certified copy of our FFL license before they ship your firearm. Please give them our contact information, and we will arrange for them to get a copy. They can call (434) 767-8925 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any outgoing transfer will require a copy of the shipper’s driver’s license AND/OR a certified copy of the receiving FFL’s license as well as contact information for the receiving FFL.
- For outgoing transfers please provide the receiving FFL with our contact information above.
- There is a Virginia State Police background check fee of $2 for in-state residents and $5 for out-of-state residents that will be collected upon purchase.
Our personnel process all incoming firearms the evening they are received. Once your firearm has been recorded in our A&D records (an ATF requirement), you will receive a notification to schedule your transfer. Your firearm will then be held in our secure facility until it is time to process your transfer.
Note: You must pick up (transfer) your firearm within 15 days of being contacted. After 15 days a $15/day storage fee will be added to your account. Once the amount of the fee has exceeded the MSRP of the firearm (as of the date of being initially contacted), Verso Armament Company reserves the right to sell the firearm to recoup our storage costs.